Monday, January 14, 2013

Take That Rage...

"Whenever I find myself growing grim about the mouth; whenever it is a damp, drizzly November in my soul...... and especialy whenever my hypos get such an upper hand on me, that it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from deliberately stepping into the street and methodically knocking people's hats off- then, I account it high time to get to sea as soon as I can."
Herman Melville, Moby-Dick

"Take that rage, put it on a page."
The Script, If You Could See Me Now

Today was a rough day for me. It started with getting called out for a search and recovery out by Lake Monroe at 6am, it ended with a late night run to put some frustrations to rest. I may not be able to take to the sea so working out is the best I can do. Sometimes Nationals, State Championships, all of my goals for the season are just a little too far from reach. 

So, some things to think about. Also, if you even considering professional cycling the below link is something to read. It does not change my goals, but it is something to read, if only so that I can chase after my goals with eyes wide open. 

http://www.nicolecooke.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=section&layout=blog&id=1&Itemid=18

No comments:

Post a Comment