Tuesday, September 9, 2014

The Upbeat

I did not want to put up the doom and gloom diagnosis post without putting something a bit more upbeat up as well. With summer winding down the weeks have been flying! During the course of this mad dash towards fall I ran my first half-marathon as part of my 100 Before 25 goal. As a self-proclaimed plodder when it comes to running this was something I wanted to do to force myself out of my comfort zone. It worked.

Yup. I have some pretty awesome people in my life. 

After four months of running I found myself standing with a bunch of other crazy people at 6:30am. I can only assume it was some sort of group insanity that occurred when each of us hit the sign-up button. Insanity aside though, I had a blast! I managed to keep a very even pace for 3/4 of the race and it seemed to be the perfect course as it followed the Santa Fe trail upriver. Between friends near the halfway point, and a coworker running the last bit with me I had plenty of support and managed to finish with a smile on my face!

How can you NOT smile when you have a Nemo balloon?

ADT marked exactly six months since I moved to Colorado. I have been so fortunate to have made some amazing friends since moving, and life out here would be so completely different without them. On top of such great friends there has been adventures galore, a job I love and some great riding (crashing). The next six months are likely to be crazy due to lots of travel for work and dealing with RCD but I can not wait to see what Colorado has in store!

Colorado Balloon Festival, a true sign that fall is coming. Also likely the last one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment