Tuesday, February 19, 2013

A Weekend Away

This past week/weekend were not great for me when it comes to the bike but Thursday I was able to get out on a good ride and even get a free draft from the BKB cycling team. Who said chivalry was dead?
Guys are always the best drafts, generally faster than the girls and easier to hide behind.

Friday a stray cat showed up on my door so I spent the morning hauling him around and getting him to the shelter before heading up to Chicago. I was up there for a SCUBA conference and a few seminars. It was a wonderful experience and even led to some potential future internships. SCUBA is something that I have done in conjunction with my Environmental Science degree and I am currently working on my Divemaster certification and finishing up my senior thesis on coral restoration. It really is a whole different side of me outside of riding (yes, despite the beliefs of the girls on Cru I do other things than ride my bike).

Life-size whale at the conference!

Sunday saw me back to the grind and out with the Scholars Inn Bakehouse group ride. I fell off on the hill out of the causeway to do my intervals and headed out to the flashers by myself. I was intercepted on the way back by the long group and had fun hanging on the back of their rotating paceline for awhile. It was nice to get out on some familiar roads with the group since this is one of the last weekend rides I will be able to do with the team until after Collegiate Nationals. Anyways, Lindsey Wilson is this weekend and I could not be more excited to get the first race of the season out of the way!

The guys riding away and up the hill. 


I just love the roads around Bloomington!

No comments:

Post a Comment